Thursday 22 July 2010

Vintage Thursday

I thought I would give these wonderful vintage stockings another airing. I do so love old fashioned stockings and am always delighted when I find a pair on ebay or at auctions and car boot sales. This particular pair came as a job lot in a box filled with nylons. I got 5 decent pairs in a box that cost me £3.50, there were some tights too which I gifted to a colleague as I never wear tights . There was also a suspender belt but the rubber on the clips had perished. I will get around to replacing the clips at some point ( thrown into the sewing box with all the other things I never get around to mending)

I'm wearing white bra and panties, white six strap suspender belt, vintage stockings in mocha, brown linen skirt, brown v-necked top and brown and pink stilettoes.




Today I will be in and out of the office like a jack-in-the-box. blooming e-diaries can be a pain if not used properly and mines never seems to be used. I'll be doing a home visit with an elderly gentleman I'm particularly fond of. He will be 97 on Saturday so I'm popping round to give him a little gift ( a decent bottle of malt). So it's not all work and no play today.
Hope y'all have a productive day. catch y'all later.
Mandi x

7 comments:

  1. Hello dear friend. As always, your
    choices, underwear, clothing and
    shoes are very elegant. It is not easy
    to find a woman as elegant and
    sensual. I apologize for not having
    greeted yesterday. Love and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look totally splendid in these vintage nylons, Mandi!

    Aren't they are wonderful colour, and so gossamer sheer!

    A winner every time, Mandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Mandi - but only just, today! Those stockings are truly delightful - the 'real thing' that was available in the 60s and almost all women - and older schoolgirls - wore them.

    You can still get them today, new ones made on the traditional machines - if you're prepared to pay anything up to £30 a pair for them (Christel Nylons).

    I was so pleased to hear that you NEVER wear tights; they are, in my view, an abomination which should never have left the world of theatre and ice-skating!

    I hope your visit goes well - if I were an elderly man - well, I am an elderly man, but not quite 97! - I would love a visit from you, Mandi; I am quite sure you will make his day, as you do for us, your adoring fans here and on YouTube.

    Thank you, lovely lady, for making my life a little less dull every day. I have left you a comment on YouTube; I hope you find it to your liking!

    lurker.

    ps. You can find suspenders, suspender elastic, hook and eye fasteners and so on at VenaCava; look them up in your favourite search engine, as they say on the telly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how hot are You today Ms Mandi...the vintasge nylons look lovely..so glossy...hopes You dont give the 97 year old a heart attack...You always make slave smile ...hope Your day is productive also Ms Mandi....the skirt , top & heels lool beautiful..love & kisses from Your lil aussie slave....smiles feeling how tight his chaste is again..grins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mandi
    You look great..
    I enjoyed the view of your white panties..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful mocha stockings for such a beautiful Lady! A dream of mine has just been realised! The white bra/panties and suspender belt superb, so classic, so perfect!!! You are a classy Lady, you are in my heart my Lady!!!

    Love and kisses
    Your snake

    PS I adore these shoes, your walking on the wooden floor, your sensual shoe play... Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Francesco, Thank you. I must admit these vintage stockings do make me feel elegant.

    Hi Paul, I adore the colour of these wonderfully sheer nylons, thank you for the lovely compliment

    Hi Lurker, They didn't know they had it made back then otherwise they would never have allowed tights to even get off the ground.
    Yes I do know you can buy nylons made in the traditional way bet hey who can afford £30 a pop when you wear them daily as I do. I'll stick to unearthing bargains at auctions and boot sales.
    My elderly gentleman seemed to enjoy my visit and I even managed to make him laugh a few times. Oh and thanks for the heads up on the sewing supplies I'll give that a try if my avenue fails to produce.

    Hiya Slave, I feel hot in these stockings they are lovely eh? I think they go so well with the white undies.

    Hi Will, Thank you, there is just something about white panties isn't there? Thank you for being so sweet to me much appreciated

    Mandi x

    ReplyDelete